Easy Steps To Hands Off Passive Income
So you want to increase your Adsense income? Log into your Adsense account, and look at your last month’s stats. There are three key areas that contribute to your earnings: Impressions, Clickthroughs and Effective CPM. Improving your stats in any, or preferably, all of these three key areas will increase your Adsense earnings.
Impressions are the number of times your webpages with Adsense ads have been viewed. You can increase Impressions by increasing traffic (preferably targeted traffic) to your webpages. Some of the best ways to increase targeted traffic to your webpages include:
- create more webpages, with relevant, focused content
- create more links to your webpages
- list your website/s under relevant categories in more directories
- set up a directory of relevant sites on your website and accept relevant reciprocal links
- write relevant articles, with your site information in the ‘resource box’ at the end of each article, and submit them to article directories
- advertise with pay per click search engines like Google’s Adwords. www.Miva.com (formerly www.FindWhat.com, www.YahooMarketing.com (formerly Overture) and 100’s of others. When of the best places for pay per click info is www.payperclicksearchengines.com with a descriptive list of 659 search engines.
Clickthroughs are the percentage of viewers who click on your Adsense ads. You can increase Clickthroughs by increasing the relevance of Adsense ads on your site, and by tweaking the format and placing of your ads.
Although you can’t dictate which Adsense ads show on your site, you can influence the relevance of the ads by maintaining a tightly focused website. If every page on your site focuses tightly on the site topic, its more likely that the Adsense ads will too. For example, if every page of your site is about fishing, and the word ‘fishing’ appears several times on every page, its likely that your Adsense ads will relate to fishing.
The best way to tweak your ad format and placement is to invest in an Adsense Tracker, and test, test, test! People who have done this tend to suggest that the best format is the large rectangle, with background and border the same color as the page behind it, so that the ad blends into the page. The best placement is towards the center or top left of the first screen of the page. Try these suggestions first, and then track and test, to be sure of what works best for your pages.
Effective CPM is a measure of your average earnings, per thousand clicks. You can increase your Effective CPM by selecting topics that attract high bids from Adsense advertisers, and building pages and whole websites on higher paying topics.
Although Google doesn’t release information on Adsense bids, you can get a good idea of the top paying topics by looking at information on Adwords bids, or, for that matter, bids on pay-per-click search engines like Overture. There are a number of keyword research tools available, both free and paid, that can help you find high paying topics.
So now you have the basics of increasing your Adsense income. Its a deceptively simple formula:
- Build pages and websites on high paying topics for the best Effective CPM.
- Format and place your Adsense ads for maximum Clickthroughs.
- Promote your sites to drive targeted traffic to your Adsense webpages for maximum impressions.
Source: Dan Farrell